The happy analyst smiles on, clutching the football as he would his computer, understanding the moment, and ready to share his knowledge of R and football with the world.
The Game Plan
"I just finished lesson 1 and this is incredibly well done and I strongly recommend it. I taught myself R for my master's degree research project and I even learned a few things from the first lesson and I look forward to learning even more. Money very well spent." - Brian C. (@BpoFSU)
"Made it through the first lesson for the first time. Genuinely never had more fun learning a new skill." - @Gamble_15 on Twitter
"Joshua's course and teaching method make learning R accessible and engaging for beginners while also providing excellent value for intermediate users looking to advance their stats and coding skillsets. In particular, Joshua's summary of linear regression analyses alone - complete with examples, assumptions, and their variations - was worth the cost of the course." - Ryan K. (@rbkeeney)
"I highly recommend it! I'm currently taking [Josh's] R Coding course. Using a topic that I love (fantasy football) has made this process not only enjoyable, but easy to follow and process." - Aaron S. (@aaronstew09)
"Couldn't be happier with all the content in [the] R course, To all the football geeks trying to get into coding like me, Josh's course is an incredible tool very happy with the experience I'm getting. Thanks again for putting it all together @JLarkyTweets" - Jake A.
- Big thanks to Aaron Crispino, who tirelessly worked through the course with me, learning R in the process. You helped me bring my vision to life, and provided critical feedback at every step. We were acquaintances going in, but I think it's safe to say we're friends now.
- Thanks to Alana Sherman for sharing a studio apartment with me throughout all the planning, video calls, recording sessions, and prep work. Thanks for being my sounding board, for letting me turn ¼ of our apartment into a video recording "studio", and for producing the gorgeous hand-written equations for the optimization lesson. No way I could have done that part on my own.
- Thanks to Matt Kelley, for taking a chance on me 2.5 years ago to help work for PlayerProfiler.com, back when my R skills were not as sharp as they are now. I appreciate all the football knowledge you've imparted to me, and thanks for getting the word out about all the kick-butt projects we've collaborated on: DFS Lineup Genius, injury modeling, WR breakout modeling, EPA, expected fantasy points, and all the best ball metrics we've just begun to cook up.
- Thanks to Noah Larky for helping me set up a legit recording studio out of masking tape, a bed sheet, a bright window, and 2 chairs. And thanks for your advice regarding which microphone to purchase, I don't sound nearly as good in-person. Also, you took some above average photos of me for the site.
- Thanks to my parents for editing the site content, and for being engaged and interested in this journey each step of the way.
- There are many others I've had interactions with during this process, and they've all been positive and informative. To everyone that's engaged with my updates on LinkedIn and Twitter, thanks for helping me get the word out. I'm incredibly excited to bring analytics in an accessible way to sports fans everywhere.